How It Works: Custom Pet Portraits
Step 1: Choose a Photo
Pick the cutest photo of your dog or cat for a pet portrait and then simply click the "upload image" button while adding your item to cart. This way we'll know what photo you want to use for your pets portrait.
Scroll down to view our image guide with some great tips to help you pick the perfect photo!
Step 2: Custom illustration
All of our items are uniquely made to resemble your pet in every way possible using the photo of your choice. From the smallest marking on their tongue, to the cow lick on their head, our digital artists will do it all.
Step 3: We Print and Ship it to You!
Sit tight while our talented team of digital artists illustrate your pets portrait.
Once the art is ready, we'll email you to review your art and once we're given the green light, we'll print your order, and then ship it to you! Most of our orders ship within 1 - 2.5 weeks. Sometimes even sooner!
The most important part of your order, crucial to the quality of the final pet portrait, is the quality of the image you upload.
Let's review the following tips and guidelines to make sure yours is just right:
- Take a photo or choose an existing image that was captured in an evenly lit space.
- Use a smartphone or high quality camera
- Ensure the whole face is clearly visible and without shadows.
- Make sure your pet is looking directly at the camera at eye level, facing forward. Other positions are acceptable, but your pet will be shown in that position in the final portrait.
- Please note: collars, leashes, bows, hats, and other cute outfits will be illustrated in your final portrait. In some cases we are able to remove collars, tags and leashes (you can make a note of that in the notes box at checkout), but your pet should look exactly how you want them to look in the photo as you want them to look in the portrait.